Typical Interview Questions and Their Answers:
If you think setting out your best outfit, polishing your shoes, reviewing
your resume, and setting two alarm clocks so that you can't oversleep prepares
you for an interview, think again. You need to know the answers to those dreaded
questions that always seem to be asked at interviews:
1. Can you tell me something about yourself? Answer: I'm a quick learner and
a hard worker. For example, last month I taught myself Excel so I could complete
a report in time for a visit from the manager.
2. What has made you want to leave your current/past employer? Answer: While
I really like my job and I've been able to take on more responsibilities, there
is no room for me to advance at my company. Or - I've always admired your
company and I would like the opportunity to work here.
3. Where do you see yourself five years from now? Answer: With a greater
sense of responsibility, maybe supervising a department or overseeing larger
4. What is your biggest weakness? Answer: In the past, I felt nervous
speaking up in groups, but since I started giving presentations at department
meetings, I am now much more confident.
5. What do you like to do in your spare time? Answer: I really like sports. I
joined a volleyball team this summer and we're coming up in our league.
6. Can you describe the qualities you think a good boss possesses? Answer: A
great boss is someone who is accessible to employees and open to their ideas.
7. What attracts you to this company? Answer: I love your product (service).
I am particularly impressed with the …
8. Why are you the right person for this job? Answer: With my background
working for a competitor, I'm aware of what this position requires. I know I
have what it takes to be a successful addition to this company.