Looking for a job is not that easy especially if competition for the spot is
heavy. However, if your chances to be interviewed would be increased then it
could help you to get the job. The question is what would be the best thing
to do to get an interview. Well, the best advice would be to write a good
Cover letters is the summary of your education, skills,
accomplishments, and trainings which matches the job that you are applying
for at a certain company. It serves as a direct guide to the employer in
knowing your credentials that matches the qualifications that was given.
There are different examples of cover letters written for different reasons
1. Cover letters that states your career objectives, relevant trainings,
and it replies to the company's research. It must contain excellent
explanations regarding your accomplishments that can immediately catch your
employer's attention. Skills must be bulleted to help your employer in
reading your cover letter faster.
2. Cover letter which answers an advertisement. This must excellently
present your work experiences related to the position that you are applying
3. Cover letter using the name dropping technique. Your application can
easily get your employer's attention by using the name of an important
person respected and liked by your employer. This is a nice proactive method
to be selected for an interview, however always makes follow-ups especially
if you have stated it in your cover letter.
4. Cover letter that asks a question. This is an effective format if you
can combine it well with the name dropping technique, and enthusiastic,
alive discussions of your experience and skills.
5. Cover letter that presents a market letter or canvassing. This will
attract your employer's interest since your skills are well presented, in a
manner which focuses on teamwork, positive work attitudes, and good customer
These cover letter examples are rated good if it is composed of three to
five paragraphs written as a short essay telling about your good
qualifications that matches directly to the job. Remember that the first
paragraph talks about the position and reasons why you are applying and it
catches the attention of the employer. The body contains the theme or
objectives that are supported by definite examples regarding your
qualifications. The end summarizes your cover letter by requesting for an
interview and giving your contact information. General rules should be
followed to write any examples of the cover letters effectively.
- Make use of either a block or a standard format of writing. But block
format is more preferred since all the texts starts from the left margin
which is easier to remember.
- Don't forget that the letter is single space while spaces between
paragraphs are double space.
- It is important that the contents are relevant and brief and it must be
laser printed on a bond paper with good quality as much as possible.
- Make sure that the letter is patterned on the company and the position
you have applied for. It shows how you are going to be an asset on achieving
the goals of the company.
- Above all, carefully proofread your cover letter and check for
misspelled words and errors on grammars. Any mistakes will greatly affect
Learning about effective cover letter writing will guarantee you to get
an interview and later on the job that you have applied for.