A very high competition always occurs when applying for a job. It is not
that easy. Most applicants have had difficulty getting an interview.
However, if their chances to be interviewed are increased then it could help
them to get the job. Well, the best advice to get the job or at least an
interview is to write a good cover letter.|
A cover letter is the summary
of your education, skills, accomplishments, and trainings. It matches the
job that you are applying for at a certain company. It is the direct guide
of your employer in knowing your credentials which matches the
qualifications being given. Cover letters are written for different reasons
and purposes. Take a look at the following examples.
- Cover letters stating your career objectives, relevant trainings, and
replies to the qualifications needed by the company. Your accomplishments
should be thoroughly explained in a manner that can immediately grab the
attention of your employer. The skills must be bulleted for faster reading
of your cover letter and better understanding.
- Cover letters answering an advertisement. It should present your work
experiences related to the position that you are applying for in a clear and
a precise manner.
- Cover letter which uses the technique of name-dropping. Your
application can easily get your employer's attention by using the name of an
important person who has gained the respect of your employer. It is a nice
proactive method to get an interview. Always make follow-ups if you have
stated it in your cover letter.
- Cover letter asking a question. If you combine this effectively with
the name dropping technique along with a very enthusiastic and lively
discussion of your experience and skills, then it will increase your chance
to be selected.
- Cover letter presenting a market letter or canvassing. This will gain
the interest of your employer if your skills are well presented. It should
focus more on teamwork, positive work attitudes, and good customer service.
Cover letter examples are rated good if it is composed of three to five
paragraphs. It is written as a short essay specifying your good
qualifications that matches directly to the job. The first paragraph talks
about the position and reasons why you are applying that will catch the
employer's attention. The body contains the theme or objectives supported by
definite examples about your qualifications. The end summarizes your cover
letter. It requests for an interview by giving your contact information.
General rules should be followed to write any examples of the cover letters
- Block or a standard format of writing should be used. The block format
is more appropriate since all the texts starts from the left margin which is
easier to remember.
- Single space the letters while spaces between paragraphs are double
- The contents are brief and relevant. The letter must be laser printed
on a bond paper with good quality.
- The letter is patterned on the company and the position you have
applied for. It should show your skills that would be an asset in achieving
the company's goals.
- Carefully proofread your cover letter. Check for any misspelled words
and errors on grammars. Avoid any mistakes since it will greatly affect your
Effective cover letter writing will guarantee you to get an interview. It
is worth it if you get the job after the interview.